Meditation techniques are a great way to tap into your inner self to gain wisdom, confidence and peace of mind. Different meditation techniques allow you to dive further into different parts of your self. Sometimes there are days where you have 100 things on your mind all competing for your attention. These items can overwhelm your mind and lead to paralysis of your mind. With simple meditation techniques you are able to push past these hurdles and gain work through different challenges with peace of mind.
Meditation can be very simple or it can be very complicated. No matter what kind of meditation you research or interested in the basic principle is about breathing. Breathing is the only reason you are alive reading this article. Without your body constantly inhaling/exhaling you would be dead.
This simple task of breathing does not come in our daily thoughts of “To do’s” because our mind has been doing this automatically. The action of breathing is robotic and is out of awareness. Do you remember all your breaths today? When did you take a deep breath today?
What are some simple meditations I can do?
This is a very simple meditation practice, which involves chanting a thought or affirmation. You can chant a mantra repeatedly for a distinct period of time while maintaining focus on your breathing pattern.
A mantra can be said silently in your mind or it can be said aloud. If you are in a shared space, then it will be easier to silently repeat a mantra in your head. If you are alone, then try sharing the mantra with the world around you. The mantra does not have to be anything complex rather a simple phrase that helps you attain peace. Some of the mantra’s I have used in the past are:
- I can handle it
- Everything is going to be alright
- The XYZ problem is very easy to solve.
- I am not attached to the outcome.
Breathing meditation works best if you feel anxious, stressed or helpless. Deep inhalation into your belly and mental focus on the breath will help you direct your energy away from thoughts that have a negative impact.
During stressful times, our minds are hijacked by emotional thoughts and make us constantly worry about different outcomes. The beautiful paradox is our brains ability to solve problems. Our logic that helps us solve so many problems also becomes a mechanism of stress as it is overloaded by 100 different tasks.
Directing your focus on simple breathing meditation gives your mind a much needed break. A mini vacation if you will.
Some simple Breathing Meditation Techniques:
- Sit in a quiet relaxed cross legged position. Make sure your back is straight as possible.
- Inhale deeply through your nose and into your belly. Your belly button or navel should rise if you are breathing into your belly.
- Hold your breath for 5 seconds.
- Slowly exhale out through your mouth.
- Continue this for 5 – 10 minutes. If you are just starting meditation then start with just 5 minutes and slowly increase your time.
Benefits of Meditation Techniques
- Calm and in control of your self.
- Ability to change your attitude from negative to positive.
- During dark times, you will be able to find hope and happiness.
There are thousands of different meditation techniques that help a person reach inner peace. Each meditation technique requires constant practice and whole hearted participation. Once you set a time to meditate daily, you will notice that your day will be more smooth and easy. Your mind will become a stream of happiness during a thunderstorm of life’s problem.
Incoming search terms:
- INTRO TO MEDITATION TECHNIQUES